Porcelain tiles are merely a form of ceramic tiles. Whilst the preparation of ceramic and porcelain tiles are similar, it is the pressing and firing process which results in the porcelain tile having the superior characteristics of being much stronger and less porous - generally with a water absorption rate of 0.5% or less.
Porcelain tiles can be glazed or un-glazed. A glazed tile surface has been finished and does not require sealing. An unglazed porcelain tile may require sealing. Please check with your Surface Gallery consultant if the tile you have selected requires sealing. A ‘Rectified Porcelain Tile’ is a tile with a straight square cut edge. It will look more streamline once installed as the grout joint will appear a lot smaller than a ‘Non-Rectified’ (Rolled/Round edge) tile.
Surface Gallery Cleaning and Maintenance Guide – Porcelain Tiles
- Sweep, vacuum, or dust surface. Mix Aquamix Concentrated Stone and tile Cleaner with water, as per instructions label.
- Apply solution to surface with mop or sponge. Allow to dwell 1 to 2 minutes.
- Agitate with a natural-bristle brush or white nylon scrub pad. Do not allow solution to dry on surface. Mop up dirty solution. Change cleaning solution at least every 25 metres, or as needed.
- For the removal of any light grout residue use Aquamix NanoScrub cream cleanser Further details on the Aquamix Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner and NanoScrub see below.
Aquamix Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner
A super-concentrated cleaner formulated for everyday use. This neutral cleaner, when used regularly, prevents soap scum build up and hard water deposits. Leaves a room smelling clean and fresh.
- Ideal for everyday use
- Concentrated-makes up to 121 L per 946ml
- Safe, neutral pH formula
- Perfect for maintaining sealed stone & tile surfaces
For use on:
Natural stone (such as granite, limestone, marble, slate, and travertine), ceramic, porcelain, grout, quarry, Saltillo, terra-cotta, cement pavers, masonry surfaces, and other water-safe surfaces.
Data Sheets: Technical Data Sheet Material Safety Data Sheet
An abrasive cream cleaner designed to work where other cleaners won't. It utilises Nano-sized particles to penetrate into small surface pores where it can effectively work to remove surface stains and residues. Effective for cleaning all stone and tile surfaces. Also removes factory applied waxes and floor finishes, coating sealers, light grout residue (including epoxy), rubber and pencil marks, light mineral deposits, ground ¬in dirt and most sealer residues. NanoScrub® is non¬-toxic, non-flammable and non-acidic.
For use on:
Porcelain, ceramic, polished and unpolished natural stone (such as granite, limestone, marble, slate, and travertine), grout, quarry, saltillo, terracotta, cement pavers, masonry surfaces, and other stone, tile and grout surfaces.